Ashley AustinOakland, Ca T 310 745 0867 email@example.com http://fashion118.tumblr.com/
Schooled in Fashion Journalism: interpreting fashion, reporting, blogging, writing, and editing techniques on a professional level. Ambitious writer looking to produce content for print magazines as well as web magazines. Industry level stylist, looking to style for commercials, movies, red carpet event, magazines, blogs, photo shoots, fashion shows, and every day living.
EDUCATIONAcademy of Art University San Francisco, CA BA: Fashion Journalism August 2010 - May 2014 Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix, AZ BA: Print Journalism September 2009 – May 2010 Beverly Hills High School September 2005 – June 2009
Reporting and Writing: ability to pitch news ideas, meet deadlines, report on fashion related, current cultural issues and comment on them through the filter of fashion reportage.
Editing: ability to examine historical eras, youth movements and style capitals, and conceptualize my own shoots in weekly visual meetings, create layouts using InDesign.
White Swan Inn
Bellman(415) 775-1755 San Francisco, CA 94108 September 2013-Present
- accompanying the guest to the room, pulling the luggage on a rack.
- lobby duties
- Assistance with housekeeping, maintenance and front desk
- setting up wine and appetizers for guests
JCCSF Summer Camp
Summer Camp Counselor(415) 292-1255 San Francisco, CA 94118
- utilized my communication skills to communicate effectively with children to teach them new skills in gymnastics
- set up morning gym
- organized games and field trips
- exhibited and maintained a fun, positive, enthusiastic atmosphere.
- Appreciated diverse personalities
- attended to problems and communicated issues before they escalated and became detrimental
- managed a group of 56 girls
Amc Van Ness
Theatre Crew(415) 6744630 San Francisco, Ca 94109 November 2012 – February 2013
- utilized my customer service skills
- handled cash, gift cards, voids and returns
- greeted customers
Public Relations Intern(213) 316-0112 Los Angeles, CA 90014 June 2012-August 2012
- manage online database (Fashion GPS) of entire sample collection
- entering new samples and keeping track of samples on loan.
- merchandise collections in showroom to maintain appearance for stylists and buyers.
- contact stylists to set up appointments and locate sample returns.
- find and clip press credits from magazines and newspapers.
- work at promotional events.
- manage a collection (Australia Luxe) for Project (tradeshow in Las Vegas)
Sales Associate(310) 9151901 Los Angeles, Ca 90212
- created displays to attract clientele
- processed shipment
- gained knowledge on products to help my selling edge
- utilized customer service skills
- handled cash and deposits opening and closing
Sales Associate(415) 974-6145 San Francisco, CA 94102 October 2010-November 2011
- utilized elevated levels of sales and service to maximize sales performance
- met weekly as well as monthly sales goals
- complied with all sales related policies and procedures
- provided the highest level of customer service
- assisted in the maintenance of all inventory in the stockroom and on the selling floor
- merchandized selling floor
- Fashion Journalism
- Magazine Production
- Fashion Blogging
- Digital Tools
- Fashion Merchandizing
- Color and Design
- Fashion Business
- Fashion Editing and Writing
- Art History
- Fabric and Fiber Technology
- Fashion Styling
- Writing for New Media
- Creative Writing
- Reporting and Writing Fashion News
- Interpreting and Reporting Fashion